Question: How to remove Write-Protection from USB Flash Drives?
Removing write-protection through Registry Settings.
- Goto Start menu.
- Click on Run.
- Type "regedit.exe" (make sure to backup of registry settings by click on File then Export and save at your desired location.).
- Navigate the following path:
- Now double click on the WriteProtect value in right side and change Value data from 1 to 0.
- Click OK to save changes.
- Close Registry Settings(regedit) and Reboot your computer.
- Connect your USB drive again and its No Longer Write Protected.
If you are not able to find StorageDevicePolices (carefully enter the name), you can create a key by right-click in the white space and choose New then Key (carefully enter the name).
Now double-click on new key, right-click once again and select New then DWORD. Name it WriteProtect (carefully enter the name) and set its value 1 to 0. Click OK, exit Regedit and Reboot your computer. Finally your issue has been resolved.