After prompting the user to install an update the computer restarts and after logging in it just shows a black screen with a cursor arrow.
From the black screen you can still access the options menu by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time.
From here you have several options, including a power icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Press and hold the left shift button.
- Whilst holding the shift button down, click on the power icon and select “Restart” (keep the shift button held down)
- You will now be presented with another menu.
- Choose the “Troubleshoot” option.
- Now choose the “Refresh” option.
- Confirm that you want to refresh your computer and choose your account name.
- The computer will now restart and the refresh will commence, which should resolve the issue.